Posted on : 19 December, 2017
Norton Antivirus error code 8505, 129 is a run time error associated with installation, activation or un-installation of the software. The error can make your computer system behave in an unexpected way. The first thing you need to do to fix the error is to restart your computer. If in case this doesn’t resolve the issue then you need to follow the given steps or you can also take help from experts by dialing Norton Support Number UK.
• Press Windows+ R and type inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
• Then on the connection tab, click LAN settings.
• The LAN dialog box will appear, ensure that no check box is selected under the Power Saver.
• Select Automatically Detect Settings and click OK.
Note: Don’t forget to run an advanced scan with Norton Power Eraser.
• Click Apply and select Ok to save the settings.
• Press Window+ R and enter ncpa.cpl in the run dialog box and press Enter.
• Right click the network adaptor which is currently active and then click Properties.
• Then in the Network Connection Properties window, click “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties.
• After that, to specify DNS Server address setting, click “Use the following DNS Server addresses”.
• In the “Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS server” boxes, type:
- Preferred DNS: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124
• In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, click OK.
• Then to confirm your settings, again click OK.
• Download Norton Power Eraser and click Save.
• Select the desktop location and then again click Save.
• Double click NPE.exe file and read the license agreement, then click Accept.
• Then in Norton Power eraser window, click unwanted application scan icon and then click Uninstall.
• Then follow the on screen instruction to complete the process and then restart your computer.
There are higher chances that you will not get the same error again. But in case the problem persist then please connect with us now at Norton Help Number UK. You can also call us if you are facing any other issue or error with your Norton Product.